Monday, April 12, 2010

PROJECT 52 DATE NIGHTS: Would You Rather...


This was our second week participating in Simply Modern Mom's Project 52 and I have to say that this night was so much easier, cheaper and more successful than our first one. Taking an idea from Tiffany's list of 16 suggestions to get you started, I set up a game of "Would You Rather." Basically, you write down a bunch of different phrases on slips of paper (Tiffany gets you started with a great printable sheet) and put them in a bowl. (You could also print them instead of write them out longhand if you were more technologically hip than we are and actually have a printer that works.) Each of you takes turns picking out two and asking the other, for example, "Would you rather live with snakes or eat the same meal for the next 10 years?" The concept is simple and the answers always spark a little interesting conversation. It was fun to find out that we answered much the same on them.

I dimmed the lights and lit some candles. I poured each of us a frosty mug of beer (obviously I've never been a waitress, as my beer pouring skills have much to be desired) and popped some popcorn. Our poor 1960s transistor radio in the kitchen is on the fritz, so the only station I could get was some some light rock/Muzack type sounds. It felt a little like we were sitting alone in a really bad hotel bar, having a drink. Which, actually, suits us perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. I am watching this date night stuff with a frenzy. It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad yours turned out great. I made a list of ideas for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! that game is a great conversation starter. and you also learn something about the other person. we had fun with it. thanks for sharing! see you next week!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete