Tuesday, March 23, 2010

AMY & REE: Oatmeal Crispies (week 11)

This week has been a bit rough for me, as those of you who also follow me on Twitter or Facebook already know. Eric's gone for six long days at a conference and both girls caught pink eye. Needless to say, I'm kind of a mess. But I'm still cookin'.

I made these cookies on Saturday and, in fact, have two more rolls of the dough in my freezer. One is loaded with semi sweet chocolate chips and the other with dried cranberries. The first roll I baked up was the "original recipe," although I did substitute some wheat flour for some white flour. It not only makes them healthier, but brings out a nuttier flavor. Ree writes that these are Marlboro Man's favorite cookies ever (MM is her nickname for her husband). And I can see why. They are perhaps the best oatmeal cookie I've ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment