Tuesday, March 23, 2010

AMY & REE: Egg-in-a-Hole (week 12)

I loved this easy breakfast idea when I was a kid. My parents used to make them for us on special weekends, and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Now I make them for my kids. On Sunday morning, faced with a near empty fridge, I knew it was a perfect day to make Egg-in-a-Holes. Lucy loves picking out the cookie cutter shape we get to use and I love that it is an egg and toast all in one. It's just about perfection, except my egg design always screws up on the bottom side, as the raw egg glides under the bread, smearing my perfect star. I think I may just need to keep trying.

2 comments:

  1. How funny! We made these on Tuesday for breakfast, but with a heart cutout. My mom use to make these for us all the time. Kaitlyn was NOT a fan. I love the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we learned how to make these as kids when we were in 4-H. Loved them...make them all the time! So easy and if you cook the egg almost the whole way thru...great to take on the road when you're running late...which is quite often.

    ReplyDelete