Tuesday, January 19, 2010

AMY & REE: Simple Perfect Enchiladas (week 2)


I actually made these enchiladas for dinner last Friday night, but, after the long weekend, am just getting around to posting about them today. We love Mexican food at this house, and any excuse to make margaritas is good enough for me. So, I embarked upon Pioneer Woman's Simple Perfect Enchiladas, one of the recipes found not only in her new cookbook, but also on her website. They are, as described, simple beef enchiladas using corn tortillas because she claimed flour tortillas often get soggy in the making, which I happen to agree with. I don't think these enchiladas can really be described as perfect, though. Although Eric and I thought they were good, they weren't anything I'd necessarily make again. They did hold up as leftovers, however, and proved to be just as good warmed up in the microwave the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Do they have black olives in them...cause that makes a perfect enchilada for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate honesty! LOL! PS, look how i can finally comment!!??

    ReplyDelete