Friday, January 29, 2010

AMY & REE: Pizza Dough + Potato-Leek Pizza (week 4)

Now that I'm brave about the yeast, this week's Pioneer Woman cookbook recipe was her homemade pizza dough that later turned into her Potato-Leek Pizza. The dough was super easy, but required some planning, as it has to rise on the counter for about 2 hours. It makes enough for 2 pizzas, so we made a pepperoni one for the girls and an "adult" one from the cookbook, which includes leeks, goat cheese, BACON!, and red potatoes. I've had yummy pizzas with unusual toppings before, including potatoes. In fact, I love pizza so much that I'll eat it with almost anything on it (except pineapple). I have to say, however, that neither Eric or I were in love with this pizza. It was just okay, in my book, and I preferred the girls' pepperoni. Could've been the mood I was in. You give it a shot and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh!
    I will give any pizza recipe a fair trial!
    I found this webpage and thought you would love it too:
    http://www.vintagechildrensbooksmykidloves.com/
    Happy February.
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete